Pier Luigi Nervi's Magazzino Sali is located south of the ancient saline lagoon of Margherita di Savoia, precisely on one of the embankments designed by Luigi Vanvitelli in 1754. It is the result of two successive interventions: that of 1936, corresponding to the project originally formulated in '33, and that of its extension, which occurred due to production needs in 1954. Altogether, it consists of two buildings: the Warehouse for the sophistication of the Salt and the Technical Tower. The Magazzino Sali is configured as a "single nave" with a longitudinal development, composed (in the totality of the two interventions) of nineteen "parabolic arch" spans, with a net light of 20.90 meters, a height of 16.00 meters, and overall length of 91.60 m. A fundamental role in the composition of the architectural organism is given by the Technical Tower, which, equal to 22.85 meters, becomes a real "visual accumulator" of the saline landscape. The central theme of Nervi's experimentation is the parabolic arch that informs the structural expressiveness of the Magazzino Sali; a theme from which will derive the iterated / pseudo-vaulted space that characterizes the interior of the building: a synthesis, at the same time, of a not only structural but architectural reasoning, destined, on the one hand, to produce a real typological update - technical / expressive of the industrial building, on the other, to investigate the fertile relationships between Tradition and Modernity.
|Titolo:||Il linguaggio tecnico della modernità italiana. Il Magazzino Sali di Pier Luigi Nervi a Margherita di Savoia|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2019|
|Nome del convegno:||9 itinerari per 100 Architetture del '900 in Basilicata e Puglia|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||4.1 Contributo in Atti di convegno|